May is almost half-way gone but I didn’t want to let the month slip by without posting my goal update! While this is mainly for my own accountability, I hope you can find some encouragement to keep working on your own goals—little by little progress adds up, as Lara Casey reminds us!
On paper, I wouldn’t call April a “successful” month when it comes to meeting my goals. Busy days and changes in priorities meant that the goals I originally set didn’t get crossed off like I hoped. But, there were also several things I did accomplish, and for that, I’ll call April a win!
For a quick refresh of how I set goals each month, check out this blog post!
April was an incredibly busy month with a friend’s wedding shower, Easter, church activities, and work! But it was a sweet month that holds some great memories. Before I spill the beans on a few of my goals for this month, here’s how I did last month:
- Have fresh flowers at my desk — yes!
- Simplify my closet (hello, spring wardrobe!) — Worked on this! Didn’t finish, but made progress.
- Read 1 book (168 Hours? A novel? Something else? TBD. 😉 — again, nope.
- Finalize Q2 business goals — got there.
- Journal 1 time — yes!
- Wash/rinse car (so that my black car doesn’t look GREEN all month) — it actually ended up raining at least once most weeks, so my car wasn’t constantly green *praise hands*)
- Connect with one friend/student (outside of my regular schedule) — I did this 2 out of the 4 weeks, so calling that a win!
- Blog once a week — ha! No, but reminding myself that there’s grace!
- Stick to my budget 😉 — yep!
- Quiet time — first thing. (I’m guilty of letting Instagram–or even work!–start my day instead of spending it with Jesus!) — not always first thing, but I was able to be consistent!
- Scripture memory — decent! Room to grow, but the progress I made was good.
- Drink more water (not a very specific goal, I know, but I’m terrible at drinking water throughout the day!) — eh. This one is hard to track…but I can always drink more water.
I realized that I needed to slightly redirect my goals for May. I needed both more margin and more structure to make the month successful. I’m a dreamer at heart, so I often have these grand visions of what the year will look like in January. I’m learning to be okay with—and even embrace—changing directions as I walk in the way the Lord leads me.
So my May goals are a little less focused on “business” & to-do’s and a little more focused on heart & simplicity. Here are a few of the goals I have for this month:
- Fresh flowers at my desk
- Journal one time
- 1 social media free day
- Touch base with 2 friends
- Phone down, eyes up (limit “idle” phone time!)
- Stick to business goals
- Spend quality time with Jesus daily
- Scripture memory
- Keep my desk clean
- In bed by 10:30p
Tell me: what are some of your goals for this month? Leave a comment below!